MENU

November 22, 2017

COLD TURKEY, BYE BYE PACI.

We've gone cold turkey and that is with no pun intended, with it being Thanksgiving and all.  Little Bun is almost 11 months and the doctor recommended we go ahead and take the pacifier-- that suggestion was a little over 2 months ago and I'd been stalling.  I took it during the day after that appointment just to see how he'd react and he didn't seem to miss it, so I attempted to kee pit away for bedtime and Little Bun had a fit, feeling all over the bed looking for it.  Poor thing.  I gave in, gave him the paci and he went right to sleep.


Since taking it away that one day,  he began being pretty attached to the paci, always feeling for it to make sure it was within reach.  He had developed a need for it more than he initially had.  WELL... this weekend we ended up losing the paci at the park during his big cousins birthday party and I decided that I just wasn't going to even go out and buy another one.  I feel like all things happen for a reason and it was definitely time.  Things went better than I expected!
Little Buns last day with the pacifier
EVENING/NIGHT 1
He was sleepy right after the party and knocked out on the ride home without any crying.  That evening as he began to get sleepy, he was definitely looking for the pacifier.  I stood up and bounded him to sleep, he stopped crying after about 40 minutes and went to sleep.  He woke up about an hour later, I picked him up and bounced him to sleep.  He slept really good the remainder of the night without waking up.

DAY 2
I can tell he was wondering what happened to his pacifier, he had a certain look on his face I just knew he missed it but no crying.

NIGHT 2
He fell asleep after tossing around in bed (self-soothing) without any tears.  He made a few sounds around 1AM (this is normal for him) and I gave him a bottle.  He had his bottle and continued sleeping.

By the third night he had no trouble sleeping at all, no tossing & turning, he just layed in bed and fell asleep.  I am so happy the paci is gone he seems to get more of a restful sleep and no longer wakers up feeling around for his soother now that he is soothing himself.


If you enjoyed this post, thank me by sharing it! - xoxo, Brosia

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! -xoxo, Brosia